Kefeta Project Manager
TaYA in partnership with Amref Health Africa implements USAID Integrated Youth Activity – Kefeta in Addis Abeba and Debre Birhan city.
The USAID Integrated Youth Activity – Kefeta envisions Ethiopian youths who are game changers: empowered to advance their own economic, civic, and social development; resilient in the face of shocks; actively promoting development within their communities and contributing to the country’s peace and prosperity.
Kefeta will strengthen the youth ecosystem in Ethiopia with integrated, multi-sectoral, youth-centered programming aligned with the Positive Youth Development (PYD) approach.
Summary of Position
The Senior MEAL Officer is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the MEAL activities at the base. He/She will ensure proper implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning activities, monitor day-to-day activities in the field, and oversee proper delivery of activity progress reports, and donor and partner reports.
Furthermore, he/she will support the MEAL TA in the rolling out of MEAL tools and will assist regarding any data analysis and quality checking needs for data entry that may arise. It is also responsibility of the MEAL officer to supervise DHIS management and provide support for all project staff on DHIS control and reporting. Finally, the Senior MEAL Officer will provide support in drafting any monitoring and assessment reports that may be required.
Major Tasks and Duties
- Implement the monitoring and evaluation activities in the field:
- Develop and implement a MEAL plan for each project.
- Ensure that MEAL standards of the program and the mission are being implemented and respected.
- Ensure the proper follow up, compilation, and review of Activity Progress Reports.
- Support the country office in undertaking baseline surveys with high-quality data collection.
- Ensure timely undertakings in assessments like Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM), exit interviews, target verification reports, etc.
- Lead the annual need assessment exercise of the field office,
- Undertake continuous field monitoring visits and draft reports on the visits, including actions and recommendations taken.
- Review and compile field level donor and government reports for consistency with the MEAL standards.
- Effectively and efficiently, utilize communication, coordination, and partnerships: Consulting with the PM to determine support needs in field-level MEAL.
- Support the field team in quality data management.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with individuals and contacts through networks, based on mutual rapport and respect.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve your own work plans or objectives and deliver them in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Set and communicate realistic timelines for achieving tasks, working out how best to adapt as priorities change or unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Compile and prepare monthly, quarterly, midterm, annual and terminal report.
- Prepare Monthly MEAL Activity Report
- Ensure functional Feedback and Complaint Mechanism Accountability Report Monthly MEAL Activity Report
- Produce and Compile Program success stories Learning documentation.
- Facilitate experience sharing and review meetings at the field level between sectors.
- Establish a system for gathering, organizing, documenting, and sharing learnings and best practices.
- Producing success stories and sharing for learning and program implementation improvement.
- Document and share best practices and learnings through publications, web sharing, and other means within the mission.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Two MEAL assistants and data encoders
Working Conditions, Travel, and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week.
- Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic business purposes.
- While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high-security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as infectious diseases.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Minimum- Bachelor’s degree in demography, statistics, economics, or other social science fields.
- Preferably 5 up to 7 years of experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Accountability of development programs.
- Experience on DHIS management.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills). Knowledge of the vacant position’s local language is a plus.
Required Skills & Competencies (Essential)
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, and culturally sensitive
- Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating donor USAID funded activities.
- Skills in statistical and other software (MS Excel, SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) Experience in humanitarian M&E
- Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation.
- Experience with mobile data collection processes and platforms.
How to apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to apply here on EthioJob’s website using the applying link before February 8, 2024.
Please submit your application accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e., with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related references.
- TaYA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities and women’s who fulfill the above requirements are highly encouraged to apply.
- If you face any difficulties or need assistance, please contact us using +251 116 673418 or via email: [email protected]
- We will not accept any applications via email. Only candidates who applied via EthioJobs will be considered.